Hi gorgeous girl
You are six months old today. Half a year, gone by in a flash! I am amazed at how quickly it has gone, yet it also feels like you have always been here.
At the moment, you:
* weigh 17lb 11
* wear size 6-9m clothes, just moved into them this week
* have two teeth
* are getting better at sitting up by the day! You can often sit for a minute or so without support, but you’re still a little wobbly
* can roll both ways and can hold yourself up really well when on your tummy
* really want to crawl and get frustrated that you’re not strong enough just yet
* wake frequently at night – never really recovered from the four month sleep regression!
* are still breastfeeding
* started on solids last week. We are doing baby led weaning and you’ve been loving feeding yourself and experimenting with tastes and textures.
* love playing with your alphabet blocks, the blue monkey from Rick and Lou, and your lion
* are enjoying your swimming lessons and signing class each week
* love to giggle lots, especially if we pretend to eat your toes / tummy, or play peekaboo, or when grandma hides toys in your tummy!
Your personality is already starting to show through, and I am so proud of the wonderful girl you’re already becoming. You’re so happy and sociable and really inquisitive. You love exploring and investigating the world. It is fascinating watching you!
I had wanted to be a mum for many years before you arrived and had imagined what it would be like. The reality was nothing like I imagined, so much harder but also a million times better. You are amazing and I love you more than I ever thought possible.
Love, mummy xxx